Yavneh supports a vast array of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, including community service, clubs, athletic teams, school trips, and social events -- reflecting the creativity and interests of the students and faculty. Students are encouraged not only to participate in these activities, but to plan and implement them. At Yavneh, leadership opportunities abound.
“When I’m working on a task in the college classroom, Hillel or beyond, I often think back to the moment I was taught that particular lesson at Yavneh…whether it’s an editing technique, Jewish leadership or some other topic. The strong relationships we formed with our peers and teachers prepared us to go out to the world, knowing that we had been given the foundation to succeed. I can say with certainty that I’ll send my own kids to Yavneh someday.”
- Daniel Bonner Class of ’08, currently attending Columbia University
A common thread of student life at Yavneh is the joy of celebrating Jewish traditions and of building a school-community inspired by our rich heritage. Life at Yavneh presents Judaism as a source of religious commitment, spiritual opportunity and joyous celebration. Yavneh caters to students with pioneering spirits who wish to express their initiative and contribute to building a rich and dynamic school culture. Yavneh students complement their college preparatory coursework with cultural experiences that inspire them to pursue their passions, connect with each other, and prepare to transform the world.
- Judaic Studies program to instill in every student a lifelong sense of Jewish identity manifesting itself in the following:
-a genuine commitment to Jewish tradition and Jewish people
-a special love and attachment to the State of Israel
-appreciation of the high moral standards of a Jewish identity
- Mechina Program -preparatory Judaic program for students with little or no Judaic background.
- Talmudic Law/Jurisprudence studies which emphasize superior study in logical analysis and inductive/deductive reasoning energized by traditions of scholarship and teaming.
- An Advanced Placement program committed to providing academic excellence in college preparatory studies.
- Athletics: Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball
- Texas #13 All-Time Career High School Scorer (Boys Basketball)
- First Team All-Texas (Boys Basketball
- First Team All-District (Boys & Girls Basketball)
- District Player of the Year (Boys Basketball)
- Top 20 in Texas (Girls Basketball)
- Mock Trial held in Federal Judge Joe Fish's courtroom.
- Students4Students raised $23,700 to build a school in Ethiopia, and towards a second school to be built in Sudan.
- United Students of Dallas: Strives to bring different racial and ethnic groups together to promote tolerance. Raised $30,000 in two years to support Texas Access to Justice Foundation
- Students Against Terrorism; More than $500,000 raised to assist the victims of terrorism and their families.
- HELP-Helping Everyone Live Peacefully: More than $25,000 raised to support local, national and international groups.
- Hashinui/The Change: Student Ecological Society
- The Bulldog Print: Award-winning, student published newspaper
- National Scholastic Press Association Pacemaker Award
- Columbia Scholastic Press Association Silver Crown Award
- Texas' Interscholastic Press Conference Silver Star Winner