Yavneh Literary Journal and Literary Café
Yavneh’s artistic and literary annual publication, the Yavneh Literary Journal, includes a variety of artistic pieces and poetry written by students. Some of these pieces have also been published in other journals, including the Dallas Public Library’s Express Yourself Poetry Contest and the Anthology of Young American Writers.
The Bulldog Print
The Bulldog Print, Yavneh Academy's student newspaper is filling its walls with awards from the Interscholastic League Press Conference and the Dallas Morning News.
The Bulldog Print has won numerous awards in its four years, and received the 2011 Silver Newspaper Star Award by the Interscholastic League Press Conference. Yavneh's Journalism teacher and The Bulldog Print advisor, Sandy Hall Chiles, was awarded the 2011 Max Haddick Teacher of the Year award.
The Bulldog Print continues its success with honors to many members of its staff including:
- Leigh Bonner '11 (1st place Sports Feature)
- Jori Epstein'12 (3rd place News Feature)
- Bradley Riche '13 (Honorable Mention Double Truck Design)
- Dalya Romaner '14 (Honorable Mention Personal Opinion Column)
- Emily Rosenfeld '12 (2nd place Page One Design)
- Rachel Siegel '13 (Honorable Mention Feature Writing)
- Becky Schisler '10, now at Wesleyan University, received 2011 Newspaper “Tops In Texas” award for In-Depth News/Feature Story
2011 Dallas Morning News High School Journalism Day awards were earned by:
- Bryan Benaim '12 (Sports News Reporting)
- David Dunsky '12 (Graphics Portfolio)
- Jori Epstein '12 (Most Valuable Staffer by The Bulldog Print staff)
- Gabby Steinbrecher '12 (Short Feature)
View the Bulldog Bow Wow
Working on the yearbook is an exciting and fulfilling experience for any student. Each year the yearbook creates a representation of the school that serves as a catalyst for lifelong memories of high school for years to come.